The Department of Internal Affairs

The Department of Internal Affairs

Te Tari Taiwhenua

Building a safe, prosperous and respected nation

Locating a Celebrant

Only those persons appointed by the Registrar-General as Marriage and/or Civil Union Celebrants and whose name appears in the List of Celebrants in the New Zealand Gazette have authority to solemnise marriages and/or civil unions in New Zealand.

If you are looking for a particular person, type their name into the search box below:

Otherwise, click on the icons in the map, or use the links and search function below to access the names and addresses of Independent Marriage Celebrants or Civil Union Celebrants in your area and around New Zealand, or click the Organisational tab to see organisational celebrants.

You can use the map below to find an independent celebrant near you. If you are unable to use the map, or would like to see a list of independent celebrants in text form, click here to visit the textual list of independent celebrants.

Organisational celebrants are not shown on the map. If you are looking for a particular celebrant, please use the search box above. If you want to see a list of celebrants in an organisation, search for the organisation using the box below.